Monday, April 25, 2011

I Did What?!

As I have matured with the years, I look back at the young naive girl I was during high school and the young woman I was right after high school. And I look back and laugh... I laugh at all the stuff I would believe and what I thought was real. Boy were always my weakness growing up... I believe too much and I said too much and I gave too much. As I remember all the crock they used to tell me and how I would trust their word with all my heart. I just want to go back and time and fight for myself to be respected. I want to take that girl and shake her and hold her and say this is not the truth is nothing but a piece of crock they are saying to see what you are willing to give. I've actually learned so much from those experience It has made me the woman I am today. I am no longer naive, I am no longer weak.. I now know that if I want respect I have to first respect myself and then demand others respect for me. I no longer believe the bs they say. I now play devils advocate. I want my children to learn from my mistakes but I dont know if I will shield them completely that way I would like. One person told me a long time a good... A smart person learns from their mistakes but an even smarter person learns from someone elses mistakes. Through all my mistakes I came out on the winning side... I am an independent woman...

No comments:

Post a Comment