Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm ready to settle down now... but I am not going to settle for less

When you are a little girl you dream of the day when you will find your prince charming that will sweep you off your feet and you will live happily ever after ... nothing else will matter... as long as you have love.... fast forward about 20 years and now... you think about those simple times and smile and say...silly girl... if it only was that simple... With those twenty years I know I have aquired a vast knowledge of what I want and need in husband... its not about just love anymore ... I have gone through struggles and turmoils that only life will give you but I have been given so much more knowledge about who I am and what I need. First off, I need a man who is tuned into God. Knows him and fears him. God has always been a part of my life, he has blessed me in every way possible in life... I want someone who not only loves him..but take me into a deeper relationship with God. Second I need a man who can stand on their own two feet, a man's man. In life sometimes we dont know what were are suppose to do there is no road carved out for us, we have to be able to roll up our sleeves and get dirty and make our own road. But with that said, I also need someone who will be able to ask for help when needed. God made us human, which means we are not perfect and we will never be. We should be humble enough to say, I need you please help me.Another thing is that man needs to be educated. Like someone once told me, God has given doctors the ability to make the ugly pretty and the fatties skinny but remember this...you cant fix stupid...hahaha..blunt but true.. I want a man that I can hold a conversation with ...someone who will entice my mind ... make me ponder..make me research... make me want to expand my horizons ...  You can be pretty but if you don't intrigue me you will bore me... (bluntness but true) ... with all this said this is what I NEED...because I know I am not perfect too but this are the basic necessities for me... God knows my heart and knows the struggles that I have overcome... I am not you everyday woman .. I have overcome obstacles I have built my own bridges ... I need a man to stand by me... not in front or behind me... I need my equal ... God only knows what he has in store for .. but this list is my road map ..

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment