Thursday, March 31, 2011

Selena... My Childhood Idol

I can remember being in my friend Christina's room... putting in the cassette in the cassette player (..I know cassettes I'm old).. and just going crazy dancing to Selena's music.... Haha I even remembered one day referring to her butt saying... Omg Christina she has such a big butt... and her saying... "Ana don't say that because God is going to give you a big butt for judging her" lol... (hahaha) ... and then I had my friend Sandra who took being a fan of Selena to another level... she was in my opinion the biggest fan... from having all her cassettes... to her posters all over her wall... to even dressing like her.... Selena was our brittney spears.. our Spicy Girl... our Justin Beber... lol ... we connected to her because she was like us.. caramel colored skin...  she spoke spanish but also spoke english... and then that day happened... I remember hearing about the news from a radio playing at a mechanic shop...my mom was having work done on our caravan... everyone ran to the radio ... Selena Quintanilla had been shot... and then a few hours late... Selena Quintanilla has passed away ... I remember spending the night at Sandra's house and all we talked about was.. how we couldnt believe it.. watching news specials on her life... it was tragic.. such a young life ripped out of her... and now 16 years later ..her fans still remember her ... she still lives in our hearts in our homes .. in our music... whenever we hear her songs we still remember every lyric... every pause... every smile...


No comments:

Post a Comment